Posts

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Class with Alisa Burke!!!!!!


I am buzzzzzzing with excitement. I signed up for Alisa Burke's online sketching course and I couldn't feel more ready. I am actually contemplating switching my daily writing practice with a daily sketching practice.

What I most love about Alisa's sketching is its simplicity. She proves that you don't need fancy tools to make art. You only need to feel the world with your eyes and let the tips of your tools caress the outlines of what it is your eyes are feeling. Her work consistently reminds me of a drawing practice I once did in my first year at Naropa, Zen Drawing (from this book). This practice is to be done without pressure. It is creating for the sake of creating. It is creating for love, discovery, and peace. Maybe this can be my meditative practice?


No comments:

Post a Comment