Posts

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Step One: A Literal Pain in My Ass

After being diagnosed with FHCA - Functional Hypothalmic Chronic Anovulation - I am set to begin the first of a long series of fertility treatments. I have already tried estrogen pills; they not only made me sick but also failed to have the desired effect upon my body. My estrogen levels remain nearly nonexistent and my endometrial lining unable to sustain any form of implantation.

To rectify my brain's inability to send messages to my ovaries for estrogen production I will begin a series of injections to bypass the brain-gonadal axis. These shots will hopefully deliver a more stable and direct release of estrogen.

The downside? These are not tiny subcutaneous injections - these are literally horse needles to be injected by my partner into my gluteal muscle 2x/week for the next few months. I wasn't worried about these injections until I made the mistake of opening the package containing the syringes just delivered from a Denver pharmacy. This is what I found:




Wish me luck :/

1 comment:

  1. My dear Taylor, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    Signed, Meg cheering you on from SC to CO!!! I am yelling loud enough for you to hear me.
    HUGS... Meg :)

    ReplyDelete