Posts

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Playing with whimsies n such

After browsing Willowing's site, as well as those of a few of my other favorite artists, I felt inspired to sketch a few things that truly make me happy. Anyone that knows me is aware that this primarily includes dogs (more specifically, my dogs). For the first drawing I sketched Odie as he slept next to me while I watched a movie. For the next two I played around with Willowing's concept of "whimsie's" and Alisa Burke's use of simple patterns. I'm not very happy with the turnout of these 2 pages, but it was fun to make them. And that's where the value lies - in the process itself.

All of the following pages were made on a gessoed board book
Odie curled up tight.


In progress sketch of "whimsy".

"Whimsy" ready for cut-out.
Another "Whimsy" ready for cut-out.
Integrating the "whimsy"....

I'm a bit upset that the ink smudged, but I promised to work on perfectionist tendencies. So instead I am embracing smudge as a happy mistake :)

If you had to draw what makes you most happy, what would you draw?

No comments:

Post a Comment