Posts

Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Vision Board

As a part of my more intentional living I decided to revamp my vision board to fit with my current aspirations and goals. For me, this board provides clarity, motivation, and strength. It is a constant reminder of what I hold to be most important in my present life - whether it be tangible goals or personal qualities I hope to cultivate. Some of the things on my vision board:

I narrowed down my previous board, removing and adding as the imagery/text best with my current vision of a wholehearted life.

- "Unrealistic" card: A treasured reminder from a close friend.
- Dogs enjoying open windows in a moving car: A reminder that sometimes the simplest things in life are where I can find the most joy.
- Kelly Rae Roberts business card: A constant source of inspiration (I hope to start selling artwork online).
- Sunflowers: Every week or so I buy or pick myself fresh flowers. Being surrounded by reminders of life and beauty are important when you work at a Hospice organization.

- The long list on the right was taken from a FitPregnancy magazine, outlining components of healthy living for moms-to-be and their babies.
- "When I cannot bear outer pressures anymore, I begin to put order into my belongings ... As if unable to organize and control my life, I seek to exert this on the world of objects.": This quote reminds me to be gentle with myself as I begin to relax my perfectionistic tendencies.

- "Eat eat eat": I am working towards putting on weight in a healthy way for both myself and the family we hope to one day have.
- "Home, at last": Eventually I would love to start building a home.....make our nest :)
- Mary Oliver's poem "Wild Geese": I think the first line says it all, "You do not have to be good." (shout out to Chelsea who inspired the inclusion of this poem !!!)

- "Nurture yourself": I am working towards cultivating self-compassion and self-nurturance.
- "Yoga and meditation": One of the ways I am nurturing myself is through a daily meditative practice and occasional yoga (it is the only exercise I can really do and I also love it!!!)
- "Stress free": I am constantly developing self-awareness of my personal stressors and ways to defend against maladaptive coping strategies .

- The small piece above "food" reads: "There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." - Jane Austen. As a homebody and introvert I need a reminder that it is okay to take time alone to recharge. However, it is not okay to use this personality trait as an excuse to isolate myself rather than reaching out for help when I need it.
- "Love motherhood": As I undergo this difficult period of fertility treatments to treat my CHPA I need a reminder of what it is all for.....



So, what's on your vision board?

No comments:

Post a Comment