Posts

Monday, July 4, 2011

Sunshine, coffee, and raspberries


Happy birthday USA! This morning Adam and I celebrated in our own special way, with freshly brewed coffee, steamed soy and chai, fresh organic raspberries, granulated sugar, yogurt, and cream. All the freshness of summer rolled across our palettes.

As I watched Odie lying in a ray of sunshine it hit me - I am so very blessed. Blessed for this food, blessed for this caffeine, blessed for the love of my family and friends, blessed for the sunshine entering through our window, blessed for my health and strength, blessed for the reparative presence of my dogs, and blessed for the rhythm of my breath that lets me know, ***yes - I am alive.*** So today I find myself not only celebrating the birthday of our country, but also my immense gratitude.

What exactly are you celebrating today?









No comments:

Post a Comment