Posts

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Terry Bear: Learning




I've recently been on somewhat of a "sewing binge". I'm determined to make a terry cloth bear for my friend's newborn baby. I have gone through 5 bears already (all of which have been given to my dog Maya - who is very happy). The problem is that I don't know embroidery, which is the safest way to create facial features (the baby may chew on anything else). I tried my hand at embroidery and made what turned out to be an incredibly angry face, a blurry face, and a sad face. I finally decided to create the face of what will hopefully be my last bear with felt and non-toxic fabric glue. I am really happy with the results, but worry about giving this bear to the baby. I worry that the felt and glue may pose a danger. Maybe I'll give it to the Momma instead and try embroidery again. Does anyone out there know any good stitches for facial features (please - not too advanced)? Thanks for the help and time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment