Posts

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lavender Lavender Lavender








I've always loved the smell of lavender. It is above and beyond one of my favorite smells in the world (the best is toasted peanut butter and fluff sandwiches - I'm nostalgic). We recently started growing cherry tomatoes and basil for homemade bruschetta. While watching these plants grow has been somewhat fun, I miss the smell and color of summer gardens (which just isn't possible to attempt in a small apartment). Yesterday morning we ventured out to a local farm and greenhouse to pickup 2 lavender plants. We are going to put the lavender in a deep window frame above our bed, in the hopes that the scent will fill up our bedroom. I didn't want to simply buy a pretty pot to showcase the lavender, so I decided to make one. I bought 2 terracotta pots and went to work painting them a deep forest green overlaid with vertically sponged gold columns.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for lavender!
    and um, "tea journaling" only conjurs up "tea bagging" when I hear it in your voice... because I am weird and when I read things I hear it in their voice... and I know you would start to snort over that one!

    ReplyDelete