Posts

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where We Live

I haven't fully appreciated the beauty of Colorado until these past few weeks. I have found myself outdoors more now that I don't have school eating up all of my time. Adam and I don't really exercise - besides taking our dog Maya for walks. These walks are times that I cherish and consider an essential part of my overall mental health. They inspire and calm me.

On these walks I find that my senses come alive. I smell the dirt of the earth, the salty smell of marshes; I feel dirt give the tiniest bit under my feet and the prickly harshness of prairie grasses; I see prairie dogs giving their warrior warning calls and scamper into their holes; I taste the wind in my mouth as it whips my hair.









1 comment:

  1. You've been tagged! http://phoenixpeacock.blogspot.com/2010/05/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete